Thursday 3 July 2014

Over Half Way There...

Hi everyone, 

"Snow is falling....All around us"

Ok well maybe not quite but we are over halfway through the year now so that can only mean one thing. Countdown to Christmas. Now my friends (especially Mandz and Amanda) will tell you I am MAD about Christmas. I love it. I love everything about it! It can't come soon enough for me. So when I looked at a new digi I recently bought from Scrapper's Delights (who I have since become a DT member for - YAY!) I couldn't stop thinking - it's time to make a start on the Christmas cards. Every year I say I will make a start early and never do so this year I am starting now! 

Flowers: Sweet Lilac
Lace & Ribbon: That Craft Place
Snowflakes & Card shape cut on the Silhouette Cameo


I coloured the image with Copics and used Chunky White frantage from Stampendous to create the look of falling snow. I used a tiny brush to sweep a clump of the frantage into her hand to make it look like she is holding snow. I am really happy with this effect and think I had better order some more chunky white as I hae a feeling I will be using this a lot on my Christmas cards this year! 

Links you will find useful:

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Keep Smilin'
Stacey xxx

13 comments:

  1. This is Beautiful Stacey and Chunky White frantage is so realistic and I think a MUST for Xmas cards! Can not wait to see more Xmas cards from you know ....guess I will have to start thinking Xmas images soon lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and card Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie..

    This is such a beautiful image on it's own.... but with your superb colouring..... it's just WOW!! And that Frantage creates the perfect snow scene! And NOOOOOOOOOOO I don't need a Cameo!! hehe!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty this is! I love the brilliant reds and that ribbon shimmers and shines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacey, you really should enter your gorgeous card in the Quirky Crafts challenge.

     Cazzy x - on behalf of   the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cazzy, thanks hunnie but this was blogged before your christmas challenge started :( have followed the QC blog though and will keep an eye on future challenges x

      Delete
  6. WOW! You did an amazing job of coloring and LOVE the snow ... PERFECT and the entire creation is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
    We would appreciate you linking back to our challenge blog in your write up when playing our challenges.Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS IN JULY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for July - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I LOVE the "snow" you created! Just amazing! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this is super, I love how you have made it snow on the card, stunning effect. Thank you for playing along on Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Extra Challenge this month, Good Luck, Love Hazel (Didos) Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous and thank you for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "A winter scene " good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOORAY! Your card was the winner at Dies R Us! Be sure to check it out HERE to collect your prize. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete